Lao adverbs add additional particulars to a sentence. They inform you extra about what’s occurring—like the way it’s occurring or when. It’s similar to including extra to what you’re saying to make it clearer.
At this time, we’ll discuss concerning the completely different adverbs in Lao, the right way to use them, and have a look at some examples. This will likely be helpful whether or not you’re new to studying Lao or have been talking it for some time.
Varieties Of Adverbs In Lao
One of many first issues to learn about Lao adverbs is that they arrive in numerous varieties. Every sort provides us a distinct sort of details about the motion. Let’s break them down.
Adverbs Of Time
Because the title suggests, these adverbs inform us when one thing occurs. They’re helpful for setting the scene or giving context to occasions. Listed below are a number of frequent ones:
- “ມື້ນີ້” (meu ni – at present): If you wish to say “I’m learning at present,” in Lao, you’d say “ຂ້ອຍຮຽນມື້ນີ້” (Khoi hian meu ni).
- “ມື້ໜຶ່ງນີ້” (meu neung ni – this present day): To specific “I labored this present day,” you possibly can say “ຂ້ອຍເຮັດວຽກມື້ໜຶ່ງນີ້” (Khoi het wiak meu neung ni).
- “ມື້ວັນ” (meu wan – day by day): For instance, if you wish to say, “I eat rice day by day,” you’d go for “ຂ້ອຍກິນເຂົ້າມື້ວັນ” (Khoi gin khao meu wan).
Adverbs Of Method
Adverbs of method in Lao inform us about the best way one thing is finished. They’re all concerning the ‘how.’ Verify these out:
- “ດີ” (di – effectively): Should you’re good at singing, you’d say, “ລາວກິນດີ” (lao gin di).
- “ຈີງ” (chieng – shortly): Should you’re a quick runner, you’d say, “ລາວຫນັງຈີງ” (lao nang chieng).
- “ງ່າຍໆ” (ngao meuon – simply): Should you decide up new issues simply, you’d say, “ພວກເຂົາຮຽນງ່າຍໆ” (Phou khao hian ngao meuon).
Adverbs Of Frequency
Frequency adverbs are all about regularity. They inform us ‘how typically’ one thing occurs. Listed below are a few of them:
- “ເມື່ອນໆ” (meuon meuon – typically): Should you sometimes learn books, you’d say, “ຂ້ອຍເມື່ອນໆອ່ານປື້ມ” (Khoi meuon meuon aan phuem).
- “ປະມານມື້ນີ້” (pa maan meu ni – nearly all the time): Should you nearly all the time get up early, you’d say, “ຂ້ອຍປະມານມື້ນີ້ຕື່ນດີ” (Khoi pa maan meu ni thuen di).
- “ເມື່ອຍ້າຍ” (meuon yaai – typically): Should you frequent the market, you’d say, “ຂ້ອຍເມື່ອຍ້າຍໄປຕະຫຼາດ” (Khoi meuon yaai pai talat).
Adverbs Of Place
Lastly, place adverbs in Lao inform us the place an motion takes place. Right here’s the way you may use them:
- “ທີ່ນີ້” (thee ni – right here): To inform folks you’re learning proper right here, say, “ຂ້ອຍຮຽນທີ່ນີ້” (Khoi hian thee ni).
- “ທີ່ນັ້ນ” (thee nan – there): Should you’re going there, say, “ຂ້ອຍໄປທີ່ນັ້ນ” (khoi pai thee nan).
- “ທຸກທີ່” (thuk thee – in every single place): Should you journey rather a lot and go in every single place, you’d say, “ຂ້ອຍໄປທຸກທີ່” (Khoi pai thuk thee).
Utilization Of Adverbs In Lao
Whereas understanding the sorts of adverbs is crucial, figuring out the right way to use them is simply as essential. This includes the place of adverbs in sentences and the way they work together with Lao verbs, adjectives, and different adverbs.
The Place Of Adverbs In Lao Sentences
Lao adverbs are versatile in relation to their place in a sentence. This differs from some languages the place adverb placement is kind of strict.
Relying on what a part of the sentence you need to emphasize, you’ll be able to normally place the adverb earlier than or after the verb. Listed below are some examples to exhibit this:
- “ລາວລອຍສະຫວ່າງຢາດຫມູນ” (lao loi savang yad moun – She dances gracefully). Right here, The adverb “ຢາດຫມູນ” (yad moun – gracefully) is positioned after the verb “ລອຍ” (loi – dances).
- “ຂ້ອຍບໍ່ເຄີຍກິນຫມາກເພດນີ້” (Khoi boe keuy gin mak phet ni – I by no means eat one of these chili). Right here, the adverb “ບໍ່ເຄີຍ” (boe keuy – by no means) comes earlier than the verb “ກິນ” (gin – eat).
Utilizing Adverbs With Verbs, Adjectives, And Adverbs
In Lao, adverbs can modify not solely verbs but in addition adjectives in Lao and even different adverbs, including additional particulars to our sentences. Let’s see this in motion:
- With verbs: “ຂ້ອຍຮຽນເລີຍ” (Khoi hian leuy – I’m learning now). The adverb “ເລີຍ” (leuy – now) modifies the verb “ຮຽນ” (hian – examine).
- With adjectives: “ລາວມີຄວາມນາງສະຫວ່າງແທ້ຈິງ” (lao mee kuam nang savang thae jing – She is extremely lovely). The adverb “ແທ້ຈິງ” (thae jing – extremely) modifies the adjective “ນາງສະຫວ່າງ” (nang savang – lovely).
- With adverbs: “ລາວເວົ້າດ້ວຍຄວາມຊອບສະເຫມີນ” (lao wao duai kuam sob samoen – He speaks very clearly). The adverb “ດ້ວຍຄວາມ” (duai kuam – very) is modifying one other adverb “ຊອບສະເຫມີນ” (sob samoen – clearly).
Levels And Unfavorable Adverbs
Now, it’s time to go deeper into the intricacies of Lao adverbs. Let’s dive into levels of depth and the position of destructive adverbs within the Lao language.
Indicating Levels Of Depth With Adverbs
Adverbs in Lao will not be nearly describing the motion. They’ll additionally point out the depth or diploma to which one thing is finished.
Such adverbs can help you be extra expressive and exact in your speech. Listed below are some frequent ones utilized in Lao:
- “ເລີຍ” (leuy – very): This adverb is used to accentuate an adjective or one other adverb. For instance, “ລາວເວົ້າໂດຍເລີຍ” (lao wao doy leuy – He speaks in a short time).
- “ຫຼາຍ” (lai – a lot): This phrase intensifies verbs and adjectives. As an illustration, “ຂ້ອຍຮັກລາວຫຼາຍ” (Khoi hak lao lai – I like Lao a lot).
- “ໜ້ອຍ” (noi – little): It’s used to scale back the depth. For instance, “ຂ້ອຍເວົ້າລາວໜ້ອຍ” (Khoi wao lao noi – I communicate somewhat Lao).
The Function Of Unfavorable Adverbs In Lao
As you may guess, destructive adverbs in Lao are used to precise the destructive or reverse of one thing. They’re a easy however highly effective method to change the that means of a sentence. Right here’s how they work:
- “ບໍ່” (bo – not): This adverb negates the verb or adjective it precedes. As an illustration, “ຂ້ອຍບໍ່ຮັກຫມາກເຜັດ” (Khoi bo hak mak phet – I don’t like spicy meals).
- “ບໍ່ເຄີຍ” (boe keuy – by no means): This destructive adverb is used to precise that one thing has by no means occurred. For instance, “ຂ້ອຍບໍ່ເຄີຍພົບລາວ” (Khoi boe keuy phob lao – I’ve by no means met him).
Study Lao Adverbs With Ling!
The fantastic thing about Lao tradition and its language is actually charming. Studying the language, with its distinctive verbs, phrases, and phrases, is a rewarding endeavor. On this article, we’ve explored the nuances of Lao adverbs, their varieties, utilization, and different important particulars.
But, language studying doesn’t finish on one web page or a number of sentences. It’s a steady course of, and observe is important to mastering it.
With the Ling app, you’ll be able to discover extra than simply the Lao language. There are over 60 languages ready so that you can uncover!