In the event you’re not a fan of vegetable dishes, then you definately haven’t tried Chinese language dishes but! However earlier than you do, ensure to study some greens in Chinese language, in an effort to resolve what to eat from a menu filled with Chinese language names.
All of us need to eat more healthy by reducing down on carbs and sugar now and again, and I believe your best option can be vegetable stir-fries from Chinese language delicacies. In the event you haven’t eaten stir-fries with Chinese language greens, it is best to head to a Chinese language restaurant close by! Additionally, when you’re a vegan or vegetarian, you will discover numerous tasty dishes in line with your particular eating regimen.
On this weblog put up, you’ll study all about greens in Chinese language and which ones are native to China. Let’s dive into it!
Web page Contents
How Do You Say “Vegetable” In Chinese language?
Earlier than you study the Chinese language vocabulary for various greens utilized in Chinese language delicacies, let’s discover ways to say the phrase vegetable within the Chinese language language first. Vegetable is “蔬菜 (shū cài)” in Chinese language, and in addition, when you had been questioning, vegetarian is “素食 (sù shí).”
What Greens Are Native To China?
China has a wealthy agricultural historical past, and plenty of greens which can be generally utilized in Chinese language delicacies as we speak have been grown within the nation and utilized in conventional Chinese language dishes for 1000’s of years. Some greens which can be native to China embody:
1. Bok Choy: Bok choy, also called Chinese language cabbage, is a leafy inexperienced vegetable that’s generally utilized in Chinese language delicacies. It has been cultivated in China for over 1,500 years.
2. Chinese language Broccoli: Often known as gai lan, Chinese language broccoli has lengthy, darkish inexperienced leaves and thick stems. It’s usually utilized in stir-fry dishes and has been cultivated in China for over 2,000 years.
3. Chinese language Eggplant: Chinese language eggplant is a protracted, slender number of eggplant that’s generally utilized in stir-fry dishes and stews. It has additionally been cultivated in China for over 1,500 years.
4. Chinese language Cabbage: Chinese language cabbage, also called napa cabbage, is a leafy inexperienced vegetable much like Western cabbage however with a milder taste. Like Bok choy and Chinese language Eggplant, Chinese language folks have cultivated it for over 1,500 years.
5. Bean Sprouts: Bean sprouts are a standard ingredient in Chinese language delicacies and are utilized in stir-fried dishes, salads, and soups. They’re made by sprouting mung beans and have been well-liked in China for round 2,000 years.
6. Chinese language Spinach: Chinese language spinach, also called amaranth, is a leafy inexperienced vegetable that’s wealthy in nutritional vitamins and minerals. It has additionally been cultivated in China for over 2,000 years, and is usually utilized in stir-fried dishes and soups.
Different greens native to China embody snow peas, water chestnuts, lotus root, and Chinese language yam.
Vocabulary For Chinese language Greens
Chinese language delicacies accommodates quite a lot of veggies as primary elements.
Listed below are some vocabulary phrases for widespread Chinese language greens:
These are just some examples of the in depth vegetable vocabulary in Chinese language. After studying these phrases, you’ll be able to discuss meals and different cooking subjects in Chinese language extra comprehensively.
In the event you’re simply getting began studying Chinese language and in search of helpful sources to self-study at house, you’ve come to the proper place! Take a look at some details about the Ling app proper beneath!
Begin Studying Chinese language With Ling!
If you wish to study Chinese language, or the opposite 60+ languages provided within the app, Ling is right here for you!
There are greater than 60 international language programs on the Ling App, together with Chinese language! You simply must obtain the app in your cellular machine to begin studying any of them instantly!
With Ling, you’ll be able to study to jot down Chinese language characters, hearken to native Chinese language audio system and repeat their pronunciation, and do numerous mini-activities to study Chinese language vocabulary and phrases. Plus, you’ll be able to all the time assessment what you could have already realized. Final however not least, you’ll be able to follow your pronunciation and talking abilities by conversing with AI chatbots.
Moreover, don’t miss out on weekly weblog posts on Ling’s Chinese language weblog to study extra about Chinese language tradition and language! You might be all in favour of these articles about Chinese language grammar and idioms.
So obtain the Ling app from Google Play Retailer or Apple App Retailer, and begin studying Chinese language proper now!
Till subsequent time!